Freelance Science Communicators
Join us to reform educational practices for children in Pakistan. Together let’s save the world, one classroom at a time.
Our Science Communicators work to end educational inequality in Pakistan.
They’re change makers.
Science Fuse is a social enterprise working to change the way STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) education is perceived and communicated to children and grown-ups in Pakistan. We create interactive and informal STEM-learning environments for young learners.We believe that if children especially those from underprivileged backgrounds get a chance to experience hands-on and engaging STEM education, our world would be in a much better shape. If these children develop a passion for learning in something they care about then they would be less likely to drop out of school. And staying in school gives them a chance to better the world.
Pakistan was ranked at 131 out of 141 countries in the 2015 report of the Global Innovation Index. One of the main reasons for this is the low standard of science education in majority of our educational institutions, both private and public/charitable. Join our team of changemakers to reform Science Education in Pakistan and help us shape future innovators and problem-solvers of the world.
Wondering if you’re a good match for this role?
- Passionate about reforming the educational landscape in Pakistan
- Excited about working with learners of different ages, especially children
- A confident and vibrant communicator and can make learning engaging and fun
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Urdu
- Have an academic and/or professional background in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics), Pedagogy or Mass Communication
- A science enthusiast
- Fond of challenges and not afraid of failure
- Willing to learn anything you don’t know
- Self-motivated and accustomed to delivering a high standard of work
- Extremely responsible about managing your workload and deadlines
- Deliver high quality, hands-on STEM educational sessions and interactions designed by Science Fuse for a broad range of audiences at both private and public schools and within communities.
- Take passionate ownership of the learning environment
- Facilitate and report on educational sessions
- Record valuable data on student interaction, patterns and performance
- Set goals for each session and help students achieve these
- Set norms with students to maintain a safe and positive learning space
- Help students foster a joy for learning and develop their cognitive skills
- Motivate students to take ownership of their learning with passion and rigor
- Continually enhance their own knowledge on everything they do
- Participate in teacher training
Required: A background (academic and/or professional) preferably in STEM, Pedagogy or Mass Communication. You must have excellent communication skills and a sound knowledge of science.
Duration: This role is on a freelance basis and can easily compliment your schedule if you are a student or already have a part-time / full-time job. You’ll be required to work on different educational programs. Short duration programs will span a week or two weeks and long duration programs will last six months or a year. For long duration programs you’ll be required to conduct sessions in a school on a weekly basis. Most of our programs are during the evening.
Salary: The compensation is based on each program but can range from anywhere between 2K to 7K dependent on the length of the program.
Location: Karachi and Lahore
How to Apply
Send your CV to email@example.com and CC firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put Science Communicator in the subject line of your email. If you have any questions or thoughts feel free to reach us at the following emails and phone numbers:
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com Phone: 0321 128 8701 or 0321 5801 422.
Feel the tingling in your fingertips?
Thats the magnetic urge to contact us.
We are here to answer any questions you may have about Science Fuse. Reach out to us and we'll respond as soon as we can.