Freelance Science Communicators
Join us to reform educational practices for children in Pakistan. Together let’s do good the smart way.
Our Science Communicators work to end educational inequality in Pakistan.
Science Fuse is a social enterprise working to change the way STEM (Science, Technology,
Pakistan was ranked at 113 out of 127 countries in the Global Innovation Index (GII) 2017. One of the main reasons for this is the low standard of science education in the majority of our educational institutions, both private and public/charitable. Join our team of changemakers to reform Science Education in Pakistan and help us shape future innovators and problem-solvers of the world.
Wondering if you’re a good match for this role?
- Passionate about reforming the educational landscape in Pakistan
- Excited about working with learners of different ages, especially children
- A confident and vibrant communicator and can make learning engaging and fun
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Urdu
- Have an academic and/or professional background in STEM (Science, Technology,
Engineeringand Mathematics), Pedagogy or Mass Communication (desirable)
- A science enthusiast. You don’t have to be a science student or science professional to be a science enthusiast!
- Fond of challenges and not afraid of failure
- Willing to learn anything you don’t know
- Self-motivated and accustomed to delivering a high standard of work
- Extremely responsible
aboutmanaging your workload and deadlines
- Deliver high quality, hands-on STEM educational
sessionsand interactions designed by Science Fuse for a broad range of audiences at both private and public schools and within communities.
- Take passionate ownership of the learning environment
- Facilitate and report on educational sessions
- Record valuable data on student interaction,
- Set goals for each session and help students achieve these
- Set norms with students to maintain a safe and positive learning space
- Help students foster a joy for learning and help develop their cognitive skills
- Motivate students to take ownership of their learning with passion and rigor
- Continually enhance their own knowledge on everything they do
- Participate in teacher training
Duration: This role is on a freelance basis and can easily compliment your schedule if you are a student or already have a part-time / full-time job. You’ll be required to work on different educational programs from November 2017 till July 2018. Short duration programs will span a weekend or one week while long duration programs will last six months or a year. For long duration programs you’ll be required to conduct sessions in a school on a weekly basis. Most of our programs are held during evenings.
Salary: The compensation is based on each program but can range from anywhere between 5K to 10K dependent on the length of each program.
Location: Karachi and Lahore
How to Apply
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and CC email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please put Science Communicator in the subject line of your email. If you have any questions or thoughts feel free to reach us at the following emails and phone numbers:
Email: email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 0323-6444711, 0300 9494 922 or 0321 5801 422
Feel the tingling in your fingertips?
Thats the magnetic urge to contact us.
We are here to answer any questions you may have about Science Fuse. Reach out to us and we'll respond as soon as we can.