Administration Assistant (Internship)
Join us to reform educational practices for children in Pakistan. Together let’s save the world, one classroom at a time!
Science Fuse is a social enterprise working to change the way STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) education is perceived and communicated to children and grown-ups in Pakistan. We create interactive and informal STEM-learning environments for young learners. We believe that if children especially those from underprivileged backgrounds get a chance to experience hands-on and engaging STEM education, our world would be in a much better shape. If these children develop a passion for learning in something they care about then they would be less likely to drop out of school. And staying in school gives them a chance to better the world.
Pakistan was ranked at 131 out of 141 countries in the 2015 report of the Global Innovation Index. One of the main reasons for this is the low standard of science education in majority of our educational institutions, both private and public/charitable. Join our team of changemakers to reform Science Education in Pakistan and help us shape future innovators and problem-solvers of the world.
About the role
We’re looking for an administration assistant to make our whole management team more effective and productive. You’ll be reporting to the CEO while helping the entire management team succeed.
You’ll need to be smart, friendly, highly organised and proven you have the experience in organising and delivering on big and small projects for executives. We’re a science education company so we love everything fun, bang and fizz. You should like a new challenge every week and you should love getting things done. Most importantly, you should have strong organisational skills and be able to get along with all types of people.
Specifically you’ll be helping organise internal and external events to ensure smooth sailing, managing the CEO’s calendar, office administration / facilitate tasks, assisting executives, helping prepare presentations, booking travel, documenting and sorting our educational reading materials, managing our social media presence and above all looking after our lovely customers.
- Able to work from home and Science Fuse offices when required
- Highly organised
- Proficient office applications experience
- Friendly, personable demeanor
- Demonstrable experience in office administration and assisting executives
- Minimum education requirement is an Intermediate / A-Levels. Students are highly encouraged to apply as well.
- Minimum working hours could be approx. 20 p/week, however there are no restrictions as long as the responsibilities get done.
- You get to be part of a growing social enterprise to mark a change in how Pakistan addresses educational challenges.
- Monthly stipend and commission based compensation.
- We don’t monitor holidays and we also have a flexible, casual working environment where we treat everyone as an adult with freedom and responsibility.
How to apply
To apply email us your CV at email@example.com. Please put Administrative Assistant in the subject line of your email. If you have any questions or thoughts feel free to reach us at the following emails and phone numbers:
Email: info-at-sciencefuse.com, lalah-at-sciencefuse.com or lalah_rukh-at-hotmail.com Phone: 0321 128 8701 or 0321 5801422
Feel the tingling in your fingertips?
Thats the magnetic urge to contact us.
We are here to answer any questions you may have about Science Fuse. Reach out to us and we'll respond as soon as we can.