Freelance Science Communicators
Did you find learning Science dull and difficult at school? Join us to change the status quo and make learning science a cool and exciting experience for children. Together let’s nurture the future scientists and innovators of Pakistan.
Apply for the Science Communicator role at Science Fuse to be a changemaker. Our Science communicators engage with students from both low-income and private schools. Develop critical thinking, problem-solving, leadership and communication skills on this journey.
Pakistan was ranked at 113 out of 127 countries in the Global Innovation Index (GII) 2017. One of the main reasons for this is the low standard of science education in
Science Fuse is working to change how science is perceived and communicated both inside and outside classrooms in Pakistan. We curate informal STEM learning programs for children from diverse socioeconomic backgrounds to nurture their interest and understanding of STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) education and careers.
We’ve designed a curriculum that makes teaching and learning science a fun, hands-on and relevant experience for teachers and students. Over the last three
We believe that if children especially those from underprivileged backgrounds get a chance to experience hands-on and engaging STEM education, our world would be in a much better shape. If these children develop a passion for learning in something they care about then they would be less likely to
Wondering if you’re a good match for this role?
- Passionate about reforming the educational landscape in Pakistan
- Excited about working with learners of different ages, especially children
- A confident and vibrant communicator and can make learning engaging and fun
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Urdu
- A science enthusiast. You don’t have to be a science student or science professional to be a science enthusiast!
- Fond of challenges and not afraid of failure
- Willing to learn anything you don’t know
- Self-motivated and accustomed to delivering a high standard of work
- Extremely responsible
aboutmanaging your workload and deadlines
- Train for and deliver high quality, hands-on STEM educational sessions and interactions designed by Science Fuse for a broad range of audiences at both private and public schools and within communities.
- Take passionate ownership of the learning environment
- Facilitate and report on educational sessions
- Record valuable data on student interaction, patterns and performance
- Set goals for each session and help students achieve these
- Set norms with students to maintain a safe and positive learning space
- Help students foster a joy for learning and help develop their cognitive skills
- Motivate students to take ownership of their learning with passion and
- Continually enhance their own knowledge on everything they do
- Participate in teacher training
Required: We encourage people from diverse academic backgrounds to apply. If you don’t have a STEM background but do have excellent communication skills and a sound knowledge of science then please do apply. You don’t have to know all the science in the world you only need to be willing to learn.
Duration: This role is on a freelance basis and can easily
- 1st stage: Complete a training program designed by us. For the
trainingyou’ll have to dedicate almost 15 hours from December 2018 – January 2019.
- 2nd stage: Facilitate our more experienced Science Communicators during our STEM workshops held in Lahore. These happen on both weekdays and weekends. You may choose depending on your availability.
- 3rd stage: Conduct our STEM workshops independently.
We have flexible working hours.
Salary: The compensation is based on each program but can range from anywhere between 5K to 10K depending on the length of each program and the number of programs you conduct independently. You’ll have to volunteer your time for our subsidised programs for public and low-income private schools.
How to Apply
To apply please fill out the application form at the link below:
If you have any questions or thoughts feel free to reach us at the following emails and phone numbers:
Lalah Rukh (0321 128 8701), Ghalib Khalil (0321 6111 557)
Feel the tingling in your fingertips?
Thats the magnetic urge to contact us.
We are here to answer any questions you may have about Science Fuse. Reach out to us and we’ll respond as soon as we can.