To apply please fill out the form at this link:
Majority of these go to public or low-income private schools where the quality of Science and Maths education is dismal.
Millions of children in Pakistan learn science mainly through rote-memorisation and find it dull, tedious and irrelevant.
Science Fuse is working to make teaching and learning Science, a fun, hands-on and relevant experience for teachers and children.
If you wish to help us drastically change how children, especially those from low-income families learn and perceive science:
Then apply to be a Project Coordinator at Science Fuse
Science Fuse is a social enterprise working to make learning and teaching science a fun, hands-on and engaging experience for 3 – 14 year olds. Our curriculum focuses on enhancing scientific literacy and developing critical thinking skills and a growth mindset in children.
We offer all-year round informal STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) workshops for children in collaboration with schools and other organisations to let children think and work like scientists. We also engage students through public engagement events such as science festivals. Our curriculum allows children to link science to their daily lives and changes their perception towards science and scientists.
In the last three years, our work has impacted almost thirty thousand children across Pakistan. Sixty percent of these children hailed from less-privileged families and were provided these learning opportunities either pro bono or at a subsidised price.
We have partnered with some of the leading institutions working within the social and educational sector in Pakistan including (but not limited to) Daftarkhwan, Olo Mopolo, Bloomfield Hall School, British Council, Alif Ailaan, Idara-e-Taleem-O-Agahi, and Haque Academy.
- Starting date: Immediate
- Duration: Minimum six months
- Location: Gulberg, Lahore
- Type of Employment: Full Time
- Contractual Hours: Mon-Fri: 8 AM –3:00 pm + Teaching during some evenings or over some weekends. (Teaching duties will be compensated separately).
- Preference will be given to candidates applying for both teaching and administrative duties.
- Salary: Competitive
Responsibilities will include:
- Initiating and sustaining new collaborations with schools and other organisations to conduct our STEM programs.
- Liaising with diverse stakeholders such as schools, private venues and other organisations to manage our existing partnerships with them.
- Managing our all-year round STEM programs. This will include reaching out to our customers (parents), handling social media campaigns and other administrative tasks related to these programs.
- Planning, scheduling and managing Science Fuses’ diverse range of programs including our Fellowship program, preschoolers program and our programs for 6 – 12 year olds.
- Coming up with new ideas to enhance and sustain our sales and collaborative efforts with schools and other organisations.
- Teaching 3 – 12 year olds at our interactive and hands-on STEM programs. (Teaching hours will be compensated separately).
You will benefit from:
- Excellent startup experience in the rapidly growing field of educational innovation
- Work experience and recommendations for universities abroad
- Concrete training and skills for a career in development, particularly education
- Mastering of leadership, communication and collaborative skills
- Developing problem-solving skills
- A meaningful and exciting work environment
- Exciting and challenging work tasks everyday
- A role where your ideas and initiatives will be valued
- A competitive salary
How to apply
If you have any questions or thoughts feel free to reach us at the following emails and phone numbers:
To apply please fill the form at the below link.
Phone: 0321 128 8701 or 0300 94994922
Feel the tingling in your fingertips?
Thats the magnetic urge to contact us.
We are here to answer any questions you may have about Science Fuse. Reach out to us and we'll respond as soon as we can.